> Does anybody know whether UNIX tme is the same on all google servers?

I would not rely on that. What you could do is something similar as
described here:
http://blog.appenginefan.com/2009/04/efficient-global-counters-revisited.html

- add a second property (integer value) to your sharded model. The
entity with the highest shard number is the last entity updated.
- use memcache to remember the last id. Use the increment operation in
memcache to increase the id whenever a new property is stored.
- if the property gets evicted from memcache, find the right value
from the datrastore and add it _conditionally_ back to memcache (to
prevent race conditions)