I seemed to solved that problem by changing one import:

from django import newforms as forms

Now I'm trying to get a field from the form:

TaskLog1.taskCode = form.cleaned_data['taskCode'];

which is giving this error: #ProvisionForm' object has no attribute
'cleaned_data'
(the form was defined as follows:
 form = ProvisionForm(data=request.POST or None)

and like this:

class ProvisionForm(forms.Form):
   buttonFlag = forms.CharField(required=False)
   taskCode   = forms.CharField(required=False)

So again, it looks like the Django samples that I'm trying to follow
need more modifications to work with GAE?
What is the substitute for the "cleaned_data" method?  Or where can I
look it up?
How can I get the value from a field on my form into a database
variable?

Thanks,
Neal Walters