Hi Jordisan,

I'm working on something very similar, and yes, I do use both memcache
and the datastore, to ensure that the cached data lasts as long as I
want it to.  Memcache, IIUC, is not guaranteed to hold onto your data
for as long as you specify.  So my code looks like this:

on request for data:
 - Check memcache to see if I have it stored (the identifier is the
URL path).  This way, oft-requested files are served most quickly.
 - If not, check the datastore.  This way, I don't have to hit the
originating site for any non-updated data.
 - If not, do a URL fetch and grab it, caching it in memcache and
datastore.

For my purposes, I don't store posts--since they're usually dynamic
CGI script requests on the sites I'm using it with, and I don't cache
gets that have query strings.  Eventually, I'm going to build a
management app that will allow me to specify cache time, purge stored
data manually, etc., but right now it's set up as described above.

-Ben