Nick,
   I just discovered that there were "Main/Logs" and "Admin/Logs".
Yesterday, I was looking at the Admin/Logs.
So today, in the "Main/Logs" I see my error.

It is related to this:

import atom.url
returnURL = atom.url.Url('http', settings.HOST_NAME, path='/
customerLogin')

Then when I fixed that, was having problem with
import gdata... (3 different imports).

So lessons learned - do you agree?
1) ALWAYS up the version number in the app.yaml file so you can go
back to the prior version
2) Don't count on various imports being on the server.  Not sure how
you know until you try?  QUESTION: Any techniques here?
3) Google support from my premier Google apps did not respond within
24 hours

I strongly suggest Google change this message (which had a link to
Google support).

Error: Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this
error message and the query that caused it.

The message could more clearly say:  "For the reason of this error,
please have your administrator check the "Main/Logs" from the
administrator console."   Seems like a more clear message would save
unnecessary support requests from newbies.

Thanks,
Neal Walters