Hi pyd,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM, PYD <p...@pydelens.be> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I nee to install cheetah (also some other libs, like pySqLite,
> SqLAlchemy, ...) on GAE, locally for test, and at Google's.
> I'm not sure if I have to install the libs in my local PYTHON25, and/
> or in my local GAE/lib directory.

It's not possible to use third-party libraries that require extension
modules (eg, C modules) on App Engine. It's also not possible to write to
the local filesystem in App Engine, so sqlite is out on two counts. You need
to use the App Engine datastore instead.

> I found the page:
>
> http://code.google.com/intl/fr-BE/appengine/docs/python/config/appconfig.html#Script_Handlers
>
> but I need some help to clarify.
>
> 1. should I create "google/appengine/ext/cheetah" under my Python's
> root?

Yes, but don't put it in google.appengine.ext, that's reserved for modules
provided as part of the SDK.

> 2. What if Cheetah not in the standard list of libs at Google?

We only include a minimal list of modules, preferring to let users supply
their own.

> 3. Where is the ist of libs outOfTheBox at Google

What's included in the SDK, plus the Python standard library, is it. Also
see  the runtime docs for the Python runtime for details:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime.html

> 4. Should some .py files be present under my Application folder before
> I upload to Google?
> Like
> C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\lib\django
> C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\lib\cheetah

Yes, they need to be in subdirectories of your application in order to be
included.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, App Engine Developer Programs Engineer
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: