On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM, codingGirl
<astrid.thuec...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I know browsers have URL length limits. But I was talking about
> sending data as part of the src="http://myappspot.appspot.com?
> somdata=abcdefg" of an iframe. So I was wondering are there limits
>
> 1. how much data I can stuff in that src-URL? I guess there is no
> other way to do it if one uses an iframe.

That depends on the browser, rather than App Engine. I'm not sure what the
hard limits are on what common browsers will accept.

> 2. are there any time limits while the browser fetches the appengine-
> webpage for the iframe? Will appengine just time out if the src-URL-
> data string is too long so it takes to long to finish the request? How
> long can it take?

The 30 second request limit only starts after App Engine receives the
request. At any rate, with a maximum URL length on the order of a few
kilobytes, even the slowest user is not likely to take more than a second or
two to transmit the URL!

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, App Engine Developer Programs Engineer
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: