I have been using the GAE for about a year now. On the positive side,
I had very few problems. Pretty much everything works as described in
the documentation.

As far as I can remember, I had three incidents where I needed support
from Google. At the end all my issues were resolved by the great
Google folks who monitor the group BUT not in a very timely manner.

In the first incident, my problem was resolved in a couple of days. In
the other two incidents it took 5-8 days. In the most recent case,
that took 8 days we lost valuable time because of the following
reasons:

1) The Google Engineer who first handled my case what in an overseas
timezone (Nick is in Ireland, I am in California) and the latency of
requests responses was 24 hours
2) Since I did not want to reveal information about my site in a
public forum I sent it through private e-mail that was classified as
spam
3) Another user who had nothing to do with me intervened to the thread
with his issues and confused the situation

So I am wondering,

1. Is there a better way to get support? You know some application
(proably part of the dashboard) where you file a ticket, you describe
the issue and its priority  and you get back a ticket number,  you
have an option to keep it private between Google and you etc? In GAE
spirit develpers could even get a few tickets free per month and then
pay if they go over their ticket quotas :-)
2. If not, s something like that or even better than that in the
plans?
3. In the meantime, I described what I did to get support, should I
have done something in a different way?

Thanks

PS: In all three issuesthe problem was around indexes problems. There
seems to be a bug where if some index quota is exceeded the indexes
get in some weird state and Google personnel has to intervene.