http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list

This is about your only other option, though of course it doesn't
solve the privacy issue or ensure timeliness.  The lack of an
individual "trouble ticket" system like you describe is unusual for a
paid service.  Fortunately the Google folks on this group are quite
responsive and helpful, but like you say, there's only so much they
can do.