Hello,
I have two questions about redirecting mydomain.com to
myapp.appspot.com ("mydomain" and "myapp" are just placeholders).

First. If I want to add my existing mydomain.com using Versions-
>Domain Setup->Add Domain from the appengine control panel, I need to
sign up for Google Apps which costs 50$/yr after the free trial. There
is no option to add mydomain.com for free, is it?

Second. I used a frame redirect to map myapp.mydomain.com to
myapp.appspot.com. Unfortunately every link "somewhere" that I follow
from myapp.mydomain.com takes me to myapp.appspot.com/somewhere, not
to myapp.mydomain.com/somewhere. Is this a problem of myapp running
django? Or is it generally impossible that relative urls point back
relative to where the frame redirect comes from instead of to the
target?

Is there any solution to host an appengine application under a
different domain without paying 50$/yr and without visitors being
taken away from mydomain.com when they follow a link?

Thanks
Diego