Hi Nick:

I have similar, but business wide more serious, issue of forging the
emails and send as spam to other web sides. I do not have time to
investigate this issue yet since we are still converting everything to
Google infrastructure using GAE and gmail, and will leverage Google
Wave.

Issue: We have 3 domain names. 1 domain name received a lot of spam mail
and was forged to send spam mail to others many years ago. I converted
my mail services for sending and receiving to gmail and moved the domain
name to GoDaddy. The received and sending spam mails become less, but
still there. The other 2 domain names are recent in the past 2-3 years
using GoDaddy DNS and google mail services right from the beginning.
Recently, some forged emails using the 3 domain names with different
user names are sent to various sites. I configure gmail to received all
mails under the domain names but not delivered to legitimate users to
one account, and see the spam and undelivered mails to direct users to
their web sites in Russia and China. The question are
  (1) How can they forge the domain name with their faked user names and
send emails to spam others which will definitely damage our domain
names?
  (2) What can i do to prevent this? In the near future, DNS and simple
public web sites are only 2 things we use from GoDaddy; the web sites
are used for publishing XML configurations for Google gadgets and for
online backups of live services from google.

Thanks
BaTien
DBGROUPS and BudhNet