OK, so I just got a bunch more of those TransientError exceptions, but
this time my code caught them and retried.  Well, I've learned that if
you get one, you're going to get more if you retry right away.  But
more surprising is that these tasks that throw the exception are
actually run!  So, of course, all my retries also ran, and I got other
exceptions because of a burst of datastore contention.

Could someone explain what a TransientError in the taskqueue API
means?

Can someone tell me a way to know if my task was queued after this
exception is thrown?