Hi  Jeff, Nick
   Seems like I posted this stuff twice (another thread I posted was
talking about the same thing and answered by Nick).
   here's the detail
  1. size of header: urlencoded header size was 700 bytes more or
less, it's a  delegation token retrived from live services
  2. full url is "https://livecontacts.services.live.com/users/
@l...@3b7beba24ed0d0a4/rest/livecontacts/owner“, which is a normal https
url
     it's a outgoing request (send from appengine to outside), use
java runtime
thanks !
Michael