Hi radaczynski,

Java and Python apps run in the same environment (eg, you can have one
major version be Python, and another Java), so yes, the same applies
to Python. We don't currently have plans to change this, as alternate
major versions using the same datastore is essential for most people
deploying and rolling out new versions.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine