I understand your point, but Django has the benefit of coming bundled
with GAE, whereas Babel is an external lib that you need to import in
your project, keep up to date, etc...
I'll try to use what comes with GAE, and if it doesn't perform well,
then maybe I'll start looking at other external libraries.