Just to clarify: I wouldn't mind working in Python on the local end of
things if that were necessary (because that would just mean rewriting
one or two routines).  What I am unwilling to do is to rewrite my
whole application in Python just so that I can make use of the Remote
API/AppRocker/App3.  It looks to me like Remote API, AppRocket and
app3 are all just python scripts, so I'm not too hopeful about the
prospect of integrating them with my java app.  App3 is probably the
closest thing to what I'm looking for.  It occurs to me that it may
not be so complicated to implement this sort thing in java on my own,
so I may just go ahead and try to do that...unless someone has a
better idea.
Cheers,
Nick