Hi Nick,

If you're happy to use a Python local client, you can do the following:

- Create a Python app.yaml with the same app_id as your Java app, but
a different major version.
- Install the remote_api mapping in the app.yaml
- Deploy the Python app to App Engine
- When you initialize remote_api with ConfigureRemoteDatastore, pass
the parameter server="majorversion.latest.myapp.appspot.com"
(substituting majorversion and latest as appropriate).

You can now access your Java app's datastore via Python Remote API.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine