Hi, I am working on an app I plan to sell to clients.

Can we have it so a cname record can just point to appname.appspot.com
without the need for google apps.

I have played around with this and I have one domain setup on www. and
created cname on another domain to point to this and this does not
work (it just throws a 404). If I create a cname to
appname.appspot.com I get google loading for me.

The reason I ask is its just confusing to clients and adds an extra
layer of support that is not needed(having to setup google apps or
accessing their current one).

I think the way that app engine works with domains needs looking at.

Kind Regards

Darren