I created an extra app, named peechobloog. The indexes get stuck in
that one, too. However, I played around with the actual order of the
indexes in the index.yaml file, and it seems that this index...

- kind: Article
  properties:
  - name: published
    direction: desc

...is causing problems. It doesn't show up in the list of indexes, and
everything after it is mentioned doesn't show up either. If I put the
indexes below it on top of the list, they do show up - but not this
one. Isn't that weird?

It seems like the simplest index.