On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Joshua Smith<jesm...@kaon.com> wrote:

> Aha!  http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/auth.html
>
> If I read this correctly, it means that if I want to accept random
> google accounts into my app (which I DO), then I cannot manage it from
> a Google Apps login.

If you create a Google Account for your Apps address, it's usually
possible to administer your app in this manner. There are bugs with
the process, though, which is why that document doesn't recommend it.

> That's really weird.  You guys should fix that.  I mean, if I use your
> service for email, then I can't use that email address to manage a
> publically-accessable app?  Doesn't that strike you as weird?

We are working actively on making the whole process smoother. Sorry
you ran into this rather awkward bug!

> Anyway, I think what I need to do is create a vanilla google account,
> invite that account to develop, and then use that one from now on.  Is
> that correct?

That's definitely the most reliable approach.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine