I am very interested in this also.  There are features of the Patch
I'd really like to use, but I keep hearing that startup times (for new
machine instantiations, which we all know happens quite frequently)
are significantly higher than bundled Django, which in turn are
significantly higher than using just web_app.

Can anyone quantify this?