This is interesting. I also tried working with sessions but it didn't
work for me. I stored the request token and token secret to session.
printed the authentication url so the user can click on it. And when
Twitter redirected back to my callback url, I couldn't retrieve it
anymore!

I'll study your post maybe it'll work for me. Thanks.