It is odd to suggest that maximum request size implies something about
scalability.

For example, the Google search api (the one that uses the search
engine) has a 2KByte size limit.  The search box itself has similar
limits.

If I write a simple text comparison program that allows 1MByte
queries, would you say that said program scales more than Google
search?

If Google changed the search limit to 10KByte, would you say that
they'd made search more scalable?  Would changing it to 500 bytes mean
that it was less scalable?