Hi, over the years I have created about 950,000 custom map tiles,
mostly 256 x 256 jpg's or png's, which I would like to move from my
current MS 2008 IIS server to App Engine. It was a challenge to use
FTP in the past, used to make a ZIP then upload, then unZIP.

The size is about 7 GB. I have root access to my server.

I came across this article:

http://www.armangal.com/10-Easy-Steps-to-use-Google-App-Engine-as-your-own-CDN

Is this the best solution?

Any other ideas?

You can see the nice maps these tiles serve at http://cret.ca

With all the improvements to Google Maps/Earth. Most of this work is
out of date and redundant, but would still like to keep it around.