As the community grows, I think we need to start thinking about a
BENCHMARK AUTHORITY.

I was impacted also because, while doing a demo yesterday, my app was
taking considerable more time to respond.

Snags will happen.  What I suggest is that we as a whole (users and
provider - Google) work towards building a standard (benchmark), that
allows us to diagnose whether our perceptions (real or not) are valid.

Like stock indexes, we could form representative "index of
applications", that together establish an authoritative benchmark.
Call it "Google AppIndex".

We users of Google, by looking of how the "Google AppIndex" is
behaving could infer whether the problem was from Google or from our
application.

We are in this together :-)

Thanks!