Hi,

I have a class I'm persisting to the data store, like:

  public class Farm {
      int mNumHorses;
      String mFarmDescription;
  }

I had to change the farm description variable from String to Text,
because sometimes it will go over 500 characters. Now the old
instances of Farm in the datastore can't be deleted using the
following:

    Query q = pm.newQuery("SELECT FROM Farm WHERE mName == str1
parameters String str1");
    List<Farm> farms = (List<Farm>)q.execute("ye olde farm");
    for (int i = 0; i < farms.size(); i++) {
        pm.deletePersistent(farms.get(i)); // exception here!
    }

    java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Text

so I'm wondering how we delete these types of dead data? I haven't
published to app engine yet, this is just on my local machine. I know
I could probably wipe it locally, but what do we do when we go live?

Thanks