Can anyone point me in the direction of a good resource for Facebook
Connect/GAE integration?

Neither the ShelfTalkers article (http://code.google.com/appengine/
articles/shelftalkers.html), nor PyFacebook (upon which ShelfTalkers
relies) appear to work anymore.  For example, PyFacebook relies on an
'add' parameter in the session cookie which is not (any longer?)
there.

This post (http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?
id=23276) enabled me to move forward (just look for the 'user' param
and set 'added' true if present), but it's scary to be relying on
something that's possibly no longer maintained.

Is PyFacebook still maintained and working?

And how do people test this FB stuff on a local server (I'm having to
upload to Google every time)?  The ShelfTalkers article implied I
could just set the FB callback URL to 127.0.0.1:8080, but either that
or something else is causing weird failures.