On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Larkin2 <michael.mer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> as a follow up to this - would it be possible to use the phrases I
> describe below as entity keys so that I could just use the getbykey
> method rather than querying for each phrase to see if it exists in the
> Datastore? If so, does anyone know the limitations on keys - how long
> can they be and can they contain special characters like "" ) etc...?

Yes - though if your phrases are long, you should probably sha1 hash them
and use the hash as a key.

Also, if simply overwriting old data is fine, you can simply unconditionally
insert the phrases; if they already exist, they will overwrite the old
record.

-Nick

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: