I hope this posting doesn't come across as harsh.  I'm just being
pragmatic about what I need to do for the applications I'm currently
running and developing on Google App Engine and for the users on those
applications.

I read the email "Maintenance Schedule for 2009" with some dismay,
the three new maintenance slots plus the previous maintenance and
service issues in July mean the application uptime for July-Dec is, at
best, 3 nines.  5pm PST sits directly in the middle of my applications
heaviest usage time (7-9pm EST) making the apparent uptime for July-
Dec of this year well under 2 nines.

I've been following with interest the problems that Peter has been
having, his open letter and Ryan's response.

So the real question to the GAE team is:

When will GAE stop being a preview release and become an actual
service offering; with SLA's, 24/7 support, customer friendly
maintenance windows and 4 or 5 nines of uptime?  Is this on a roadmap
that can be made public?

The _Why App Engine_ page says "Google has a reputation for highly
reliable, high performance infrastructure. With App Engine you can
take advantage of the 10 years of knowledge Google has in running
massively scalable, performance driven systems." and that is what
initially attracted me to the service.  What made me actually develop
on it was how easy it was to publish and maintain applications and
versions.  Unfortunately the ongoing downtime, performance and
reliability issues may be driving me away.

Rob.