Hi,

I noticed db.allocate_ids method is very useful when bulkloading. I
have a question about the spec of this function.

Q1.
Isn't it possible to allocate ids for children entities of particular entity?
It seems that this function allocates only for root entities.

Q2.
Isn't it possible to control what id to start allocating?
Let's say I need to allocate ids from 1 to 1000 of particular kind.
I've mistakenly invoke as follows:

ids = db.allocate_ids(an_instance, 100)
(100 instead of 1000)

Of cause, ids are (1, 100), oops. So I tried to allocate the rest with
900 as second parameter.

ids = db.allocate_ids(an_instance, 900)

I expected that ids are (101,1000), but actual result is (2001, 2900).

How can I allocate ids from 101 to 1000 explicitly in this case?

--
Takashi Matsuo
The father of kay framework