On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Tonny wrote:
> in. I could write my own ReferenceProperty from scratch, subclassing
> Property, but I would also like a simple
> solution where I didn't reinvent all ready existing functionality.

ignore my previous post. here's a solution that does exactly what your
looking for. add this method to your model:

def get_key_name_from_reference_property(self, prop_name):
    key = getattr(self.__class__, prop_name).get_value_for_datastore(self)
   return db.Key(key).key_name()

then, you simply call it passing the ReferenceProperty name.

class MyModel(db.Model):
    some_other_entity = db.ReferenceProperty()

entity = MyModel.get(...)
referenced_key_name =
entity.get_key_name_from_reference_property('some_other_entity')

that's it.

-- rodrigo