On Oct 16, 10:45 am, Jason Smith <j...@proven-corporation.com> wrote:
> I have to agree with the others. GAE is a fine (I would say it is the
> ideal) prototyping platform--development is easy, and deploying is
> trivial. However as an app becomes increasingly valuable to its
> creator, you will feel more and more pressure to move to traditional
> hosting. I inherited the project I am currently in charge of. It is an
> iPhone app backend, doing around 100 queries/sec, supporting users in
> the six digits. I will tell you flat out: if it were possible to move
> off GAE, we would!
>
> The platform is okay. However as an app becomes more valuable,
> deployment and development are not your biggest concern. Availability
> and disaster recovery are. I guess I have moved through the five
> stages of grief. I too submitted a patch in the early days to have
> it...ignored. Not rejected, not approved, but just ignored. Now I am
> indifferent to GAE's strengths and weaknesses. It is simply a matter
> of money, of value, and of risks.
>
> At this very moment, we are undergoing a significant model refactor to
> improve performance. We are having to bend over backwards to simulate
> what should be trivial--backups.
Backup merely an installtion hassle, then a nobrainer sql⇌gql:
python rocket/station.py
2009-10-16 15:25:22,181 INFO receive Image: from
2009-10-16T08:51:46.642702
2009-10-16 15:25:26,217 INFO receive Image: batch end, count=5
2009-10-16 15:25:26,217 INFO receive Image: from
2009-10-16T17:59:49.512652
2009-10-16 15:25:27,353 INFO receive Image: batch end, count=3
2009-10-16 15:25:27,354 INFO receive Ad: from
2009-10-16T08:51:46.768522
2009-10-16 15:25:27,975 INFO receive Ad: batch end, count=5
2009-10-16 15:25:27,975 INFO receive Ad: from
2009-10-16T17:59:49.590787
2009-10-16 15:25:28,303 INFO receive Ad: batch end, count=3

True investors too tied up to jargon, the least functional things (gui
and brands), artsier than techier, more a marketing thing a brand name
is what investors want, best technology often somewhat uncorrelated to
loyal customer. It's another question, why technical leader is someone
else than the loyal customer creator.

Likely, you may demo your thing more like a whitelabel, try less
namedropping and best basic functions.