Heyo,

I'm having similar issues. Have either of you had any success figuring
this out?

My concern isn't over whether I can catch the exception or not, but
rather knowing whether we can assume that the email message was
actually delivered when this exception is produced. I assume not,
though in all cases I've tested so far, it is the case. And if we
can't make this assumption, how can we tell if an email has been
successfully delivered?

Cheers,
Travis