The commandline reported SyntaxError: invalid syntax.

"i've uploaded bulk elements via csv multiple times and the
instructions worked perfectly."

I'm sure they did, and I am sure this is my error, not the docs.
Luckily, this does not apply personally anymore - I ended up doing
something different - but I would love a response anyway, for future
reference.