On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM, yejun <yej...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> id is not the primary key of MessageS, but a 'long' field, _unique_ in
>> each entity (so it maps 1-to-1 with the entities). Note: such a query
>> doesn't require a specific index.
>
> Why "such a query doesn't require a specific index"?

I mean, according to the documentation, you can execute such a query
without building an index for it, as App Engine provides automatic
indexes in such a case.

"App Engine provides automatic indexes for the following forms of queries:
  - queries using only equality and ancestor filters
  - queries using only inequality filters (which can only be of a
single property)
  - queries with no filters and only one sort order on a property,
either ascending or descending
  - queries using equality filters on properties and inequality or
range filters on keys"

My query is of the second type.

> There's no such thing as unique constraint on google data store.

I don't understand what you mean.