On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Julian Namaro <namarojul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course this kind of performance is in no way normal.
> Such a simple query typically takes below 50ms.

Good to hear; I will post more code. Thanks.

> And no need to be condescending here. You'll see that the datastore is
> a great piece of engineering :)

Point taken.

It is the fourth major performance problem that I reported in my whole
5 days of using App Engine, at no point getting feedback from the
Google people that are active here. My apologies for growing somewhat
frustrated.

- Index on 120MB of raw data taking 12h+ to build:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/828d543bd5d03683/498ab1b297b15a44

- Ordered queries returning smaller dataset than non-ordered queries:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/3d0ce8d09242db60/dd15fbc070e0abbe

- This thread.

- Index deletion taking many hours, and counting. Index in "Error"
state that cannot be deleted.
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2460

Thanks.