I've read that the time for a Datastore query is independent of the
number of entities in an app, which is great.

However, does index updating take longer as the number of entities
increases?

Eg. If I'm making a high score tracking system (a Player kind with one
of the properties being high_score) and want to order by the highest
score for each player, as I update a player's high score will the
index be updated in the same amount of time if there were 100 Player
entities as it would if there were 100,000,000 Player entities?

I already know that the put() time will not change because it returns
before the index has been updated, I'm just concerned at how long the
high scores table (Player.all().order("-high_score")) will take to
reflect the changes.