Joshua,

Great tip! I'm wondering if there's a way we can better surface App Engine's
versioning ability as a great way to stage a new release of an application.

For those not familiar with what Joshua is talking about: when you change
the version number in your appengine-web.xml or app.yaml file and deploy
your application, you can access all versions of your application at
VERSION.latest.APPID.appspot.com <http://version.latest.appid.appspot.com/>.
All versions of your application will have access to the data store, and you
can cut over from a production version to a new release with the click of a
button in the Admin Console.

Ikai Lan