greetings peter!

you shouldn't need to mess with the PYTHONPATH variable as that should
be set for you when you install the SDK.

how are you running appcfg.py? it automagically amends Python's path
internally to give you access to all of App Engine's modules. in
particular, in your traceback dump, it appears to have loaded
groctimespecification.py properly, and groc.py is in the same
directory:

/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/google/appengine/cron/

... or it's alias at /usr/local/google_appengine/google/appengine/cron/groc.py

can you doublecheck that directory to ensure that it's still there?
unfortunately, i only have 2.5 on my machine so i can't confirm
whether it works (or doesn't) in 2.6.

thanks,
-wesley

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Peter Behr <psb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a very frustrating problem lately with appcfg.py on OS X
> 10.6.2 with the default install of Python 2.6. The module 'groc' (to
> which I find only the most cursory of references in resources online)
> seems to be gone. I've checked to see if this is a problem with
> PYTHONPATH not having /usr/local/google_appengine/lib on it, since
> that was the fix for a similar problem with antlr3, but that's not
> helping. In fact I can't find the module at all on my machine. Here's
> the trace:
>
> /usr/local/bin/appcfg.py:41: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is
> deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
>  os.path.join(DIR_PATH, 'lib', 'antlr3'),
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/bin/appcfg.py", line 67, in <module>
>    run_file(__file__, globals())
>  File "/usr/local/bin/appcfg.py", line 63, in run_file
>    execfile(script_path, globals_)
>  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
> GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
> google/appengine/tools/appcfg.py", line 50, in <module>
>    from google.appengine.cron import groctimespecification
>  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
> GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
> google/appengine/cron/groctimespecification.py", line 43, in <module>
>    import groc
> ImportError: No module named groc
>
> I've wiped and reinstalled the SDK a couple times now, to no avail.
> Any help?
>
> Thanks a bunch!

"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
   http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wesc+...@google.com
developer relations :: google app engine