2010/1/20 Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com>

> 2010/1/20 Eric Ka Ka Ng <ngk...@gmail.com>
>
>> i'm not sure whether the blue bars are actually showing time without
>>
>> the profiler, i think it may mean something else (i also wanna know
>> what the blue bar and red rectangle refer to, and will dig into the
>> doc to find out what it actually means. anyone know?). the overhead
>> should be the time labeled with 'overhead' (in your case, which is
>> 0ms)
>>

> The screenshot I saw said blue was time taken and red was "time charged",
> which I assumed meant the *actual* time taken with the overhead. It's
> possible it meant that the timings were rounded for the costing, I don't
> know. I fixed what I was doing, so I didn't investigate any further.

I just saw the screenshots posted above, which makes me think I'm wrong. It
looks more like the red bar is the time taken (and charged), but the blue
bar is the time the app spent blocked waiting for the return. Eg. your
script waited for 5 seconds for the response, but for some reason
(transmission time? blocking?) it was only 1 second of CPU in the datastore.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable might know for sure :-)