On Jan 25, 1:35 am, Spines <kwste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As long as there is at least one app instance running will that
> guarantee another user won't get a loading request?  My loading
> requests take like 10 seconds to initialize Spring, Spring Security,
> and JDO.  I don't want any of my users to experience a 10 second
> wait.  The docs say that once there is a steady stream of traffic then
> your instance won't be shut down.

Although your instance won't be shut down if there's enough traffic, a
lot of traffic would likely result in more instances of your app being
started. I don't know whether App Engine would start them and still
send requests to the original instance until it's ready, or if the
users triggering the subsequent instances would also experience your
startup time (though I'd guess the later, unfortunately).