The stored data quota in the dashboard isn't updated in realtime, so
you wouldn't see the change immediately even if that is the problem.
I'd suspect some buggy indexes or something, though, if that really
was your only entity.  For one thing, you can't have a single entity
larger than 1MB, and it would be tough to use 949 MB in datastore
overhead even if you wanted to.