http://code.google.com/status/appengine/ is showing the problems, it
is changing regularly from green to orange to red on various aspects.

Its been a bit of a nightmare for me and my clients and definitely
emphasises the need for a gears/offline facility for us!

Over here in the UK one of our ISP's has been bought out by another
ISP and they have been turning off the old DNS servers if you dont
switch accounts, and this has caused a few problems for a some people
too! I KNEW offline functionality would be a requirement, for some
people on occasions, but the last couple of weeks have been such an
eye opener! LOL