This is not app specific. Look at the appengine status for datastore
queries:
http://code.google.com/status/appengine/detail/datastore/2010/03/03#ae-trust-detail-datastore-query-latency.

We are seeing the same on the app we are developing, along with long
cold startup times the last few days (which otherwise had improved
greatly after the downtime).