Thanks for responding. I've starred the bug - it seems basic. More
answers below.

On Mar 21, 7:06 pm, Eli Jones <eli.jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Depending on how your Models are defined (how many properties and what the
> property types are there) and depending on custom indexes, 10 to 1 is
> reasonable.

Even if I have essentially no custom indexes? (Only one ever, on a few
dozen entities with two integers each which handle cron housekeeping).

> For my app, I aggressively set most properties to Indexed=false and I have
> no custom indexes.  I'm still at 2 to 1 for Datastore usage versus Size of
> All Entities.

When you say "datastore usage", you mean "total data", right? Or is
there some other place this number is reported which I've missed?

> To fully explore what is going on, you'd need to post what your Model
> definitions are.. and then post what custom indexes are defined on any of
> the properties.

I have no custom indexes. I have only two entities. 99.9% of the data
is in the Expando which has about 45 stringproperties (initally all
indexed, now around 30 are; many frequently empty string); 4 integer
properties; 4 dates; 4 lists (about 4-8 members typically); from 3-18
expando string lists (of 20 types total; an average of 6 lists with 2
members each); and 2 expando strings (mostly but not always present).

> If you've been creating and then later on deleting custom indexes or
> changing your Models around.. running vacuum indexes might help (but that's
> just a shot in the dark).

I have done nothing with custom indexes, except the one miniscule
housekeeping one on a few entities. For the main entity kind, is there
any way to delete a default index without re-touching all the entities
one-by-one?