We don't have any plans to build this, but we're fully supportive of
the folks who work on TyphoonAE (Python) and AppScale (Java). The
AppScale folks gave a talk at a recent Silicon Valley App Engine
Meetup we held at the Googleplex, and we're trying to invite the
students and their professor to come have lunch with us (maybe we can
get some interns out of this!). Plans change, however. It's always a
matter of resource availability. (So ... there's a non-answer for you,
I guess.)

As far as open source goes, we love open source and think it's the
best. I've heard arguments that open sourcing software exposes
security flaws because it allows a deeper analysis of code, but I've
also heard arguments that open source software has more eyeballs
looking at it to find critical flaws. I'm personally not fully
convinced either way. I just know that we are where we are today
because of open source, and not just the big projects you always hear
about like Apache, MySQL, Linux, etc. Even small open source projects
like API clients or desktop applications are great learning tools or
great starting points to build applications on.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Josh Rehman <j...@joshrehman.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. Any googlers want to weigh in on this?
>

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Patrick Twohig
> <patr...@namazustudios.com> wrote:

>>> I hope you're not coding in a programming language that's open
>>> source.  Just imagine the vulnerabilities. Of course, with python and
>>> java eliminated, how are you using App Engine at all?
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> 1995 called.  They want their rhetoric back.
>>

>> --
>> Patrick H. Twohig.
>>
>> Namazu Studios
>> P.O. Box 34161