Hi all,

This is a pretty simple problem, but I'm not sure how to approach it
with GAE.  The problem is this.  I have an about page set up as an
index.jsp page under the directory /about/.  So, when I access...

www.example.com/about/index.jsp
www.example.com/about/

...it works just fine.  BUT, when I access...

www.example.com/about (notice, no trailing slash)

...it fails.  I know why.  It's interpreting it as a file and not a
directory.  But, with traditional webservers like Apache, if it finds
no file, it will look for it as a directory and return the proper
page.  An extra round-trip, sure, but it's definitely desirable.  The
problem is, GAE doesn't seem to do that.  The only solutions I've
found online were to do URL-rewriting, or create redirect servlets, or
dedicated servlets for certain pages.  This seems excessive, and I'm
hoping I'm missing something.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Charles