On May 2, 3:21 pm, Jaroslav Záruba <jaroslav.zar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that it was in this
> video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5gdoNpcZM
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5gdoNpcZM>...where a question was asked
> whether we are charged for space taken by indexes. The question is "No".
> (Explanation has been that it would probably discourage users from using
> advantages of datastore.)
> So I think that might address your concerns.

That video is 2 years old, and that information is no longer correct.
You are charged for space used by indexes, although 530 MB of indexes
for 20MB of data would, to me, indicate that something is probably
going wrong.  I'd look out for exploding indexes or indexing lots of
properties that you don't need to query on.