Yes... I see it very very often too. I just tried sending two requests
with a 1 minute delay between them and saw that the logs show the
message for both of them. This hurts performance.. :(

Also, if the server process goes down does it also take the memcache
down with it. So every 30 sec not only is a new server starting but a
new memcache is also getting populated?

Are there any ways of preventing this constant server going down and
coming up cycle?

-Shri

Can someone from Google confirm that there isn't anything wrong here?