Thanks Jeff and Tim. I will definitely make use of memcache.

I use Google Appengine to host an app which is then iframed as a
facebook app. As it is iframes aren't very well performant and this
startup delay adds to that. As a result I feel the pinch a bit more.
But I will try and make the best use of memcache.

Thanks for all the help.
-Shri