On Jun 9, 2:12 pm, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>
wrote:
> No, that's not necessary. Keys are (of course) indexed, so no re-putting is
> required. re-putting your data is only necessary when you want to move from
> an unindexed property to an indexed one, or to add a new indexed property.

I'm not sure I understood. Changing an index from asc. to desc. does
not require a re-put, because the asc. index already exists?

There's also related question I never understood. If the keys already
have an asc. index, why can't that index be used in reverse for desc.
queries? Due to the CPU / disk caches being optimized for forward
reading?